Jason's Guitar Lessons

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Zahid, Lesson 2: Pentatonic Scales

Hi all,

Taught my student Zahid the pentatonic scale. Found a video of my ever so hardworking student JJ playing the Em pentatonic somewhere in my vault and thought it might serve as a great example of how to practice the pentatonic scale.


JJ playing the Em pentatonic scale


There are 5 shapes that JJ played in total which will span 12 frets in total. They are movable to get the particular key that you want to play the scale in. I'm not gonna go into the details of how to apply the scale as I've got to be fair to my students but hope anybody who sees this will spend some time to go find the 5 patterns on the internet and memorise them.

Enjoy & practice hard!

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Angeline Tan said...

Nicely executed. Very smooth. Way to go JJ! Way to go (tea)cher Jason! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home